Saturday, July 25, 2009

Two poems.

This is one poem. Comment Please. Another one to be posted soon.

Two Weeks -

Two weeks left unmarked on my calender.
I stand watching as the clock ticks you outta of my life.
The sands gave me a chance to save this memory from falling apart.
But in my hands a dream crumbled that day,
A dream that I could never replace.

In two weeks you'll be gone, blown like a whisper in the wind.
A reality I refuse to face, a reality that will crash down on me.
My arms held you seven weeks ago, never knowing what my heart would call for.
Back then it was friendly and now it remains a heartache to see you leave everyday.
Can I bear to watch you go? Years ticked away and I was unknowing of how I felt.
But can years tick away again without a voice calling out to you?

Silenced feelings sleep beneath a hidden gate.
Unbeknownst to you I watched from afar until like a flare you knew how I felt.
A friend I remained because from intelligence's bane, I could not show you affection.
And now I stand wallowing because you still remain a close friend.
Remaining in the dark though, I will still keep a smile on my face
To know that this has been a lesson learned for me.

Two weeks left unmarked on my calender
But for what it's worth I can say that we've had a good run.
The fun has been both painful and pleasurable
And as I sit here reminiscing on fond memories
I can say that creepy as it may be
We will always remember these days as they are and what they could have been.

Two weeks blanketed by mystery
And that will make all the difference.

3 comments:

Skye said...

I know I'm saying it again but that was AMAZING!!! You're brilliant at writing. I really wish I was that good!
Wow!!!

Fly on forever!

The Girl Who Could Fly

Air Born said...

That was really good! i luved it!

Anonymous said...

NICE! its tyu, i didnt want to enter in any info,

I like it alter, its profound.

~tyu